Monday, June 06, 2022

Amnesia

I spent the greater part of last week in Vienna, staying at my flat, aka City Residence, partly because Mum had come "up" with me from Carinthia and she was hungry for some city life. She remarked that there was an "uninhabited vibe" there. I did not disagree and found out just how much I had become a visitor rather than the owner who has lived in this place since 1998 when I used my salad spinner...The one we have at the Country House has a bottom part that looks just like a big salad bowl and does not have holes so you can use it on the counter top. Well, mine in Vienna does not and I had completely forgotten that you are supposed to use it in the sink, resulting in spraying cold water all over the kitchen. Ooops. It's somewhat shocking how soon you develop new habits and get used to a new place. 

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist