Thursday, September 24, 2015

Travelgram #26

Last Thursday, it rained when I arrived in Tokyo. Today, it is raining again, but thankfully only a light drizzle. Before tackling the task of packing all my stuff (I had left a huge Longchamp le Pliage bag with my Australian purchases and some clothes at the hotel in Tokyo) before my flight to Vienna tomorrow morning, I took the train to Ginza and took some pictures of the lit department stores. An old man approached me, asking me where I was from (of course he loved Vienna and had been there twice, it seems every Japanese granddad has) and whether I was a professional photographer as I was taking pictures with my digital SLR. I really noticed this time that the cliché of Japanese tourists with big fat cameras is a thing of the past and you almost stick out if you take pictures with anything but your smartphone these days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist