Thursday, September 17, 2015

Travelgram #19

Tokyo is rainy today. VERY rainy. I arrived shortly after 6 a.m. local time and knowing how strict Japanese hotels are with their 14:00 check in times, I did not have any hopes that I could check in earlier. (Thank God I took a shower and got changed at Singapore airport). At first I thought I would brave the rain (my trusty little umbrella being in my suitcase), but halfway from Shinagawa station to Kita-Shinagawa, where my hotel is, I was completely drenched and ended up buying one of those typically Japanese huge transparent umbrellas that you can get at every convenience store for around 500 Yen. (=less than 4 EUR) It's actually a really good umbrella and even opens automatically. Fancy! This is my view of the area where I live through said umbrella, only a short walk from busy Shinagawa station, but like a little village.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist