Sunday, September 16, 2012

Small Heel for Woman, High Heel for ME

Who knows me, knows that I don't do heels, really... like ever. A moderate kitten heel is the highest you would see on me, so I don't know what made me suddenly decide I could do with some additional hight. When I bought my woven flats earlier this year at Högl, I had tried on some platform heels while waiting for the Gazelle to hunt for her prey. I was surprised how comfortable they were, in particular the suede version. Well, yesterday, when I went to Mariahilfer Str. in order to get some coffee and pop into Interio, I first got side-tracked by Vero Moda's "25% off everything" sign and bought a pair of black skinny jeans, or jeggins, there, before I decided to check out Högl's autumn/winter collection. Well, I tried on this pair of shoes with a middle-height heel and was amazed how comfortable and "walkable"it was:
Hardly a high heel, but quite a revolutionary addition to my (embarrassingly large) shoe closet. The platform version, while not uncomfortable either, I know would give me a back-ache, but these are very managable. The funny thing was that the shop assistant when I got talking to her, undecided about the colour, pronounced the shop name the French way with a mute "h", like eux-gllll. It is an Austrian brand, but who knows, the founder might have some French connection. Must do my homework. As I mentioned in my previous post, this used to be a "granny brand" in my mind and it was not until last year that they revamped their collection and opened shops in prime locations. Here's a close-up of the heel:
*Gives self slap on shoulder* for buying grown-up shoes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist