Friday, June 10, 2011

Deluge, Vienna-Style

After three days of sweltering heat, a veritable deluge hit Vienna on Wednesday. Well, several ones to be correct and so my shoes ended up being com-plete-ly wet twice. An umbrella did not help much and walking for a mere 10 metres resulted in the exposed parts of your body and above all, your feet, being as wet as if you had taken a power shower. Passengeres huddled in and in front of shops.
Raindrops were fat and huge:
When I had made it to the office where I dried my feet and changed into one of the pairs of shoes I keep under my desk and a t-shirt with the company logo, I took a look out of the Graben-facing window. Rain and nobody on the street (those black shadows are sculptures):
15 minutes later, the sun was out again. Crazy!
The same amount of rain, if not more, began to fall 5 minutes before I left to meet the Mermaid for our Wednesday-night-swim date.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist