Monday, December 13, 2010

Imperial Wedding

On Saturday the Empress got married in true style. The church and dinner venue were incredible and despite the less than picture-perfect weather conditions it really was a dream wedding. Not to mention the bride who was breathtakingly beautiful and glamourous:
Because of the French groom, hereinafter to be referred to as "the Emperor", about half of the guests were French. They got to see Viennese imperial glory at its best:
As a parting gift and little "thank you", guests got a Sacherwürfel on on their way out to round up the "Austria-at-its-best" experience, which I found a lovely idea. I had mine for breakfast yesterday, yum!

In the days before the wedding, the Empress, who was already on vacation would stop by at the office for 5-minute-visits to either borrow the office bike for last-minute-errands, to print out something or other organisational matters. She did not exactly seem the picture of calm and tranquility. I didn't have any doubts that the wedding would be anything less than perfect and it was. My personal little contribution was bringing The Book into work. This basically is my compilation of wedding invitations, menus, thank you cards etc. of all the weddings I've ever been invited to, all neatly organised in transparent envelopes. My colleagues couldn't believe that people actually kept all that, but yep, I'm the type of person who does just that.

Back to the wedding: There were more than 10 (!) speeches and we all liked the ones by immediate family best, in particular the one by the Empress's father who welcomed his son-in-law into the family with such kind words I had tears in my eyes and the one by the Empress's sister who gave the Emperor 5 rules for living harmoniously with her sister.

The DJ's playlist included the Empress's, MC's and my office party classic: Katy Perry's I Kissed A Girl to which the three of us duly jumped around like the crazy chicks we are.

This is the Emperor with his shiny new wedding ring.

I managed to drop my camera on the marble floor from a 1,5 m height at the agape, but thankfully it is still in working condition apart from the shutter which won't close anymore.

When I said "goodbye" to the newlyweds at 2:30 in the morning, the Emperor said "I'm sorry I'm taking her away from you". Well, I've graciously forgiven him. After all, her new reign is only a short flight away. Paris, watch out!

PS: Ever since Saturday I haven't been able to get the wedding's "theme song" out of my head:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist