Sunday, December 12, 2010

Hail to Amazonia

When I was in Munich recently, it was furrreeezing cold. When I left Vienna the previous day, it was much warmer and so I felt slightly chilly in the clothes I had brought. Perhaps that's why I ended up buying a cashmere blend sweater just because...it was so warm and soft. A little later that day, I tried on a pair of (faux) sheepskin-lined boots by Esprit at a Salamander branch. They were a dusty pinkish beige and looked really great with my favourite pair of skinny jeans. And they were so warm.  The pair I tried on had a stain on the right shoe. The nice shop assistant brought me the other remaining size 38, but for some reason that one was too large. Hmm. She offered me a discout of € 5 for the slightly stained pair, but I wrongly assumed I would be able to find the same style at Salamander in Vienna where I could also get 10% off with my ÖAMTC memebership card. Only they didn't have the same range of Esprit boots. Neither were they available at any of the Esprit stores, nor on their website. Damn! After some research, I finally found them on Amazon. I decided to go for the black instead of the so-called "beige":
esprit boots (onemorehandbag)
Eureka!
They look less stunted in real life (the perspective is somewhat distorted) and I'm wearing them without the top folded down today. That way, they almost touch my knees and are more elegant.

I still remember the days when Amazon was only for books and CDs. I have since bought lots of technical equipment, a kitchen aid, a watch and now boots there.

Speaking of which - I won't say "no" if you decide to shop there using the referrer link on my site, hint, hint.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Lara said...

great boots! and don't tempt me :)), until now I shopped only for books on this website...

12/13/2010 07:34:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist