Friday, October 15, 2010

Honestly, I'd Rather Show Off Other Talents of Mine

This afternoon I attended the funeral of one of my great-aunts who died last Wednesday, aged 93. Her son asked me if I wanted to hold the eulogy because "You did such a good job at your Granny's funeral" and so I obliged, of course. It went well, but I definitely don't want to make a habit of this! This morning, I learned that my one remaining grandmother - the one who turned 95 last month - had to be taken to hospital yesterday as she wasn't feeling too great and suddenly couldn't walk any more. What with the recent "morbid streak" I'm bracing myself for the worst, but I do hope that this has been it for this year as far as funerals are concerned. Fingers crossed.
funeral (onemorehandbag)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist