Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Dublin in a Nutshell. Or rather: Chicken Basket

I'm back from Dublin and thanks to the fact that I went to bed around 3 a.m. and got up at a quarter to 8 and then spent the greater part of the day at airports (flight via Zurich), I'm feeling quite knackered and not really inspired for a substantial blog post. It's not that I have any non-conference-related pictures to share here anyway, apart from this one:
The (in)famous spicy chicken wings from Elephant & Castle, my favourite Dublin food by far. It's an obscene amount of chicken wings and legs marinaded in a very vinegary sauce and served with celery stalks and a garlicky yoghurt dip. I'm not too keen on the latter, but the chicken wings are a truly unique experience. Although this dish is officially a starter, it is humanly impossible to finish a whole basket on your own as a main course even. The Empress, the Gazelle and myself shared 2 baskets among ourselves and didn't even finish it all. The schedule of our conference was very tight, but we decided to be naughty on Monday night and skipped the "family dinner" for a threesome. In order to discuss work strategies. Obviously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist