Friday, September 24, 2010

Wish me Luck

My Mum has asked me to deliver the speech at my granny's funeral today. Gulp. Obviously, it's too hard a task for the children, but she thought it would be a more personal touch than if all the speaking was done by the priest and it should not be quite as emotionally taxing for a grandchild. "Granny would have wanted it" and "you're a very controlled person". Am I? I've "done" weddings before, but speaking at a close relative's funeral is a different pair of shoes altogether. Deeeep Breath.

2 Comments:

Anonymous novala said...

Tut mir sehr leid für dich. :-(
Solch eine Rede zu halten ist sicher eine Ehre, aber eine schwierige. Hoffe, es war nicht zu schlimm!

9/29/2010 08:01:00 PM  
Blogger onemorehandbag said...

Danke! Alles bestens über die Bühne gebracht, war fast selbst von mir beeindruckt.

9/30/2010 11:25:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist