Saturday, October 09, 2010

Culture Shopping

Yesterday, the target of my lunchbreak-shopping-spree was something different for a change: a woodblock print. I had seen it in the window of Wolfrum the night before as I was on my way to the subway after the Michelangelo exhibition opening at Albertina. With its reduced aesthetic, it somehow reminded me of Japanese prints:
Aicher Print (onemorehandbag)In any case, the print was not expensive at all and I decided to buy it. When I mentioned to the gallery assistant that I had never heard of the artist, she told me that he and his family had recently died a tragic deathe when their house exploded due to a leaking gas pipe, a story that made news headlines.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist