Saturday, July 31, 2010

Visitor, Working Title "Cat"

Usually, I avoid KLU like the plague when the annual Beach Volleyball Grand Slam Event takes place at the Wörther See (and it IS worse than ever, think Spring Break Europe on speed...), but I a) seized the opportunity of a lift by the Mermaid and b) was dead curious to meet the new (temporary?) addition to the household, a tiny kitten.

After the Beast's death last December, my parents didn't - and allegedly don't - want a new cat, but this one sort of chose my Mum. On Wednesday morning, she went for a walk/hike with a friend near Villach when the friend suddenly spotted a tiny cat in the middle of the forest. The cat remained glued to their heels for the whole duration of the walk and didn't heed their attempts to shoo it away, telling it to go back to where it had come from. The friend was hysterical that they couldn't just leave such a tiny cat to its very likely fate, i.e. being torn apart by animals of the forest. My Mum looked for houses where it could belong to, but those they passed were deserted at that time of the day so she couldn't ask anyone if it was their cat. In any case, the cat followed them all the way to my Granny's house, where they stopped for coffee and patiently waited for them until they got back from lunch at a restaurant in the village. When a neighbour passed by, he said one of them should take the kitten with her and give it to an animal shelter rather than leave it behind. As my Mum's friend lives in a cat-unfriendly penthouse flat, the task fell to my Mum. Although she is going to return to the neighbourhood where the cat found them in the evening when people will be home, trying to find out if some kids have been missing their little pet and my parents try not to get too attached, it's hard to resist her charms. She's very cuddly and well-behaved. When I arrived last night, I put her into the kitchen scales: 600 grammes:
600 grams of cat (onemorehandbag)I've already taken dozens of pictures of the little fluffball, but my Dad shot the cutest portrait of the as-yet unnamed cat:
cute cat (onemorehandbag)
Click to enlarge and see the different colours of "eyeliner". I'd take her to Vienna, but I don't really believe in keeping cats in flats, unless there's more than one.

3 Comments:

Blogger L. Neusiedler said...

oh, she's there to stay :)). she's too cute!

8/03/2010 10:55:00 AM  
Blogger onemorehandbag said...

No, Lara, she's not, unfortunately and I'm really sad that my Mum found out where she escaped from.

8/03/2010 10:59:00 AM  
Anonymous gutscheine zum ausdrucken said...

sehr guter Beitrag

4/24/2013 01:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist