Friday, November 06, 2009

That's What an Unhealthy Obsession with YouTube Make-Up Gurus Does to You

makeup forever (onemorehandbag) ...You are thrilled that the Make Up For Ever store is a mere stone's throw from your office and go there in your lunch-hour to buy a limited edition set of eye crayons, plus a new brush to apply your growing collection of blusher with. I'm going to return there with M.C. soon, whom I have managed to infect with the YT virus as well.
Plus you develop an obsession with nail varnish and don't give up until you track down a grey one (by YSL) in keeping with your current "grey phase" (hey, it's the new black after all!). Before you think I'm on the verge of turning into a complete bimbo: with the odd exception I think I'll still keep limiting coloured nail polish to my toes. I always feel "dressed up" with painted fingernails and I have to take the varnish off immediately when it gets chipped.
Speaking of nail varnish, I deeply regret not getting a transparent top coat that was prominently displayed in all Japanese drugstores and which apparently makes your nails look "like acrylic". In a good way. I thought I would be able to get a similar one here, but no.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Chiquita said...

Someone forgot to mention that she also bought a Shu Uemura Eye Shadow & Blush Set in Japan because "the experts on YT also love their products".
And I also remember something with a glittery nail polish .... well, I'll better shut up now *g*

11/06/2009 07:02:00 PM  
Blogger onemorehandbag said...

Guilty as charged ;-)
I wasn't going to keep it a secret, rather make a separate post about my Japanese beauty acquisitions.

11/06/2009 08:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist