Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Onboard Entertainment Courtesy of Wiener Linien

This morning, it snowed in Vienna. Predictably enough, the number of people waiting at my bus-stop was higher than usual. Do they all ride to work by bike or scooter if it doesn't snow, I wonder? Be that as it may, everyone managed to squeeze themselves into the already full bus and just as predictably, the automatic doors never closed at the first attempt. After the game of opening and half-closing of doors had been repeated at several stops, the tannoy cracked:
This is your driver speaking. I don't need to get to school. I don't need to get to work. I already AM at work. Now if YOU want to arrive there, I suggest you stop obstructing those doors. Thank you.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha good one!

11/04/2009 07:26:00 AM  
Anonymous Lara said...

hahahaha, the driver-words-of-wisdom from Vienna. I am looking forward to hearing it live, starting with next week :))

11/04/2009 12:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist