Thursday, September 03, 2009

Super-Easy Summer Muffins

I have a theory. Lately, I've been thinking a lot about the fact that in my day-job I'm not actually producing anything tangible - perhaps this is why I've been quite productive in the jewellery-making department. Another quick fix is baking. Last night, I was in a baking mood and decided to adapt a recipe for muffins I found in a magazine. They turned out quite well and my "guinea pigs" liked them.
very berry muffins (onemorehandbag)If you want to try making them yourself, here's the recipe

Very Berry Muffins

Ingredients:

125 g butter (room temperature)
180 g sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla sugar
3 eggs
250 g flour (I used 1/3 wholemeal and 2/3 normal wheat flour)
100g ground almonds
50 g almond slivers
baking powder (1 sachet - 1 used less because I don't want the muffins too "porous")
250g sour cream
100g blueberries
100g raspberries

Preheat your oven to 180° (fan). Line a muffin tray with muffin paper.
Whisk the butter with the sugar until foamy, then add the other ingredients apart from the fruits. Put some dough into the forms then add some fruits. Cover with more dough (try not to over-fill them because the muffis will "grow" considerably) and sprinkle with some more fruits.
Bake for 30 mins approx.
Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist