Saturday, June 20, 2009

I Blame it on the Rain

Cold and rainy weather and no prior committments for the day - the perfect excuse for checking out the summer sale at Parndorf...

Again, I went by bus and once more I wondered whether the hordes of Chinese tourists on the bus had read about the outlet center in their guide book or got the tip from the concierge of their hotel.
I spent 3 hours walking from shop to shop and apart from a gift for my godchild, chocolate and several other bits and pieces, I got lucky at Jones (a shop I don't usually go into as I find it a bit boring and conservative, and pricey at that), where I bought a yellow top with an original neckline and appliquéd flower, Burberry (blue lambswool sweater for 30 EUR) and Barbour, where a jacket made me pull out my credit card - EUR 49 instead of 199, a size sample.

It was with trepidation that I approached the BREE store - in the past I had hardly ever left that shop with less than one bag. This time, though, very few bags took my fancy and those that did, I already had at home, ahem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist