Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Culprit Returns to the Scene of the Crime...

Since 2002, when the first annual "Cherry Grove Festival" took place on the Danube Island, I had taken part together with other colleagues from Coma HQ. My contribution was always an origami workshop. The 2007 festival took place shortly before I left (my last day of work with the "Comatose" was on April 25, on April 26, I started at the Firm which makes it my second anniversary this week - how time flies!).

Last year, the festival took place without yours truly. This year, a nice ex-colleague asked me if I would participate again. Yes, I was flattered that they had obviously missed me last year, but I had also really enjoyed this annual gathering of the Japanese community, japanophiles and students from local schools. The Viennese district Floridsdorf is twinned with Tokyo's district Katsushika, hence the unexpected interest in all things Japanese.
Up until yesterday, the weather was lovely and warm. Today, it was windy and cold and I've been sneezing ever since I came home despite wearing my waxed jacket underneath my happi. I need a good soak in a hot tub now, but it was great fun all the same:
kirschenhain 2009 (onemorehandbag)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist