Monday, June 30, 2008

the closest we get to a sea

I spent the greater part of yesterday in Weiden at Lake Neusiedl with PP and family, barbecuing my pale flesh to a more sun-kissed hue. I hadn't been there in ages. The last time, in fact, was a skating excursion. The weather was lovely and hot and the water almost too warm for my taste. PP's 16 months old son was frolicking around without nappies which resulted in my towel being peed upon and his parents' decorated with quite an impressive number two. I'm quite glad it wasn't the other way round...
Neusiedler See (onemorehandbag)Even though there are no sandy shores, the huge and very shallow lake always reminds me of the sea. Unlike my favourite lake, the Wörther See, it is great for windsurfing and sailing as it often gets very windy there. The border with Hungary is actually in the middle of the lake which is nice to know know but was often the cause of diplomatic intervention during the Cold War.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist