Monday, April 07, 2008

good in chair*

Last night, I saw the best film in a long time, Juno. Cool soundtrack (which you will be rewarded with when the site is done loading) which includes Belle & Sebastian, David Bowie and other faves of mine aside, the story about a teenage pregnancy is told so well and differently from what you'd expect that I wanted it to go on for another 2 hours or so. The ending was perfect in a non-predictable, non-Hollywood, way, too. I have a real penchant for teenage films, or rather: films about teenagers, in general, possibly because I'm stuck in that phase emotionally and therefore can relate to it so much. Whatever. Beautiful Thing, for example, really is a beautiful thing. Although Juno is essentially funny and feel-good, it is heart-rendingly sad in a good way at the same time and I came out of the theatre with 2 crumpled-up tissues to dump.
* it loses in translation so I guess you'll just have to see the film.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist