Friday, March 21, 2008

Under Water and by Night

I came back late last night, somewhat regretting that I hadn't seen more of Zurich. The Firm's Swiss HQ was pretty impressive and o.t.t. Here's one of the gilled guys on the payroll there:little yellow friend (onemorehandbag) Although the famous Bahnhofstraße was a bit of a letdown (at least shortly before shops closed at 8 p.m.), I really liked the little I saw of the city. Locals were very friendly, with cab-drivers in particular. If you ever need a nice hotel there, not only for business (though not exactly cheap so better on company expenses...), I can heartily recommend Hotel Ambassador. After several less than perfect experiences in England or Ireland, showers that work and lampshades that provide you with actual light are almost more than I dare to wish for.
Zurich by night (onemorehandbag)Back in Vienna, a (female) taxi driver who used her left hand for holding her mobile phone and her right to punch in street names into her onboard GPS gadget, whilst speeding on the motorway with 100 km/h had us wish for the restrained Swiss temper. I'm glad I made it home in one piece...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist