Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Zombified in Zurich

Having been picked up by my taxi at 05:20 for my 7 a.m. flight to Zurich, I am less than "animate" at this hour, in spite of the numerous attractions the Firm's shiny new office here has to offer. Being on the road on 3 consecutive weekends (New York-Dublin-Bad Gastein) was obviously too much for my system and I succumbed to a killer cold last week. I'm fit as ever now and was actually looking forward to this 2-day business trip to a city I've never been to (and probably won't see that much of anyway), but I wonder how real jet-setters who spend the greater part of their weeks in airport lounges and on planes, manage. Is it the thought of all those frequent-flier-miles accumulating that keeps them sane? Mine recently bought me a suitcase. I suppose it's a vicious circle- flying to earn miles, cashing them in for a suitcase, flying more with it...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the real frequent travel managers have a certain gen for that. Or actually two - one for travelling, the other one for the ambition to earn lots of money that usually comes with these jobs.

Since the latter doesn't come with mine I refused a trip to our headquarters in May. I am sick of being bored in airport lounges and planes and getting colds in deep freeze conference centers afterwards.

3/21/2008 02:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist