Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The Mysterious J

Some weeks ago, I noticed something strange in my work-correspondence - a character that looked like an elongated letter "J". It was usually right next to the person's name at the end of their e-mails. I had never seen it before and was puzzled as it seemed so random. I asked the guys in my room and they had no idea either but were equally intrigued. Was it some secret masonic handshake of the media branch? I even showed it to a software engineer who was just as clueless.

Yesterday, I forwarded an e-mail containing the mysterious character to another colleague. When she replied that she didn't get my question and what was it about a "J" anyway I at first thought I had accidentally deleted the character in question. Nope. When she asked if by any chance it was the smiley face I was talking about and asked me to come to her desk, the guys and I galloped to her room to see what she saw. Yes, there was a smiley where we all saw strange Js. She was the only one in our office using the Internet Explorer for her webmail whereas the rest of us are firefoxes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist