Sunday, June 24, 2007

pars pro toto

sunglasses, oooh-ooooh, to hide behind (onemorehandbag) Despite the fact that my lunch-breaks these days are usually devoted to food-intake rather than to retail therapy, I do manage to pick up the odd purchase on the way, such as the pair of sunglasses above which I bought while waiting for my colleague to have the earpieces of his specs adjusted.
On the whole, I've become even more, erm, efficient in condensing high-voltage shopping into a minimum of time. Take yesterday. The plan was just to pop down to my (hideous) local shopping mall to buy groceries for the Book Club and a lucky charm necklace for the baptism of Frida's youngest. Yours truly has been chosen as godmother and is accordingly proud.
The jeweller's happened to have a special redecorating sale with up to 50% off on selected items. Magic words! Guess who treated herself to a pair of gold earings for herself... On the way to the supermarket I got waylaid into H&M where magically, a t-shirt, a bra and at last (I'd been looking for months) a pair of black cotton 3/4 length leggings (tip: try the kids dept) sprung themselves on me. As did a pair of shoes in another store, 10 minutes later.
And I haven't even checked out the ZARA summer sale which started on Friday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist