Thursday, November 16, 2006

What was that OTHER word with "C" again?

Early (no, make that very early) tomorrow morning I am flying to Manchester. The occasion is a good friend's wedding on Saturday.

Sigh.

Don't get me wrong - I absolutely love weddings and am more than happy to see that most of my friends have found a person with whom they know they want to spend the rest of their lives and have children with. Given my own pitiful marital status I have to admit that I did however find solace in the fact that everyone around me already seemed to have got that marriage and childbearing business sorted and I was safe until - God forbid! - the first wave of divorces/second marriages was bound to hit these shores. Until! Until some ot the least likely candidates (at least in my naive and obviously completely unfounded assessment of the situation) decided to send out wedding invitations. And! What's more! *Everyone* became pregnant (again).
In...uhm...very occasional fits of self-pity and attacks of the old what-have-you-got-to-show-for-your-old-age I tell myself it's a CONSPIRACY. Then I remind myself that the cumulative occurrence of weddings and babies is a coincidence or more likely an inevitable side-effect of being the wrong side of thirty.
Back on blogging duty on Tuesday!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Statistics show that the older you are when you meet your partner, the better the chances that you'll stay together. I'd say that makes it worth the wait, no?

11/17/2006 10:05:00 AM  
Blogger ka-ma said...

Hey, no self pity allowed! You are living a fulfilled life with many good friends! Think of it as being your own boss and being free to do as you please. Married life is not always full of roses, you know. Same goes for having kids. And you never know, there might be a good looking guy waiting just for you at the Cambridge wedding!

11/17/2006 10:34:00 AM  
Blogger ka-ma said...

Oops, sorry, I meant Manchester wedding, not Cambridge! I guess I need a geography lesson!

11/17/2006 10:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist