Thursday, March 02, 2006

lunch-break workout, the retailtherapist way

Today I was on a mission in my lunch-break which is exactly from 12:30-13:45 (and no, we don't have flexitime). I needed to dash to the Hello Kitty! store in the second district to spend the vouchers Amica gave me last Saturday in lieu of my birthday gift (a bag I already had) that she had taken back to the shop. Unfortunately, said shop has rather consumer-unfriendly opening hours, being from 13:00- 17:00.
I clocked out from Coma HQ at 12:32, hopped on the 1 tram, got off at Schwedenplatz, popped into the Ströck outlet to get a prosciutto panino, jumped into the U1, got off at Nestroyplatz, killed some time/bought some household stuff in the nearest DM and opened the door of the HK store at 13:00 on the dot. After thorough perusal of the merchandise I settled for a nice brown cotton shopping bag from an, ahem, relatively "grown-up" range and took the U1 back to Stephansplatz from where I walked back to Coma HQ at a leasurely pace, arriving at 13:35. Not bad, eh? I'd worked up a healthy appetite for my panino which I devoured once the flush on my cheeks had abated and I'd rid myself of my steaming coat and hat. Who needs a membership at the gym when you can work up a sweat and get to indulge in retail therapy in one go?

4 Comments:

Blogger Aysin said...

Mr TD sen benim icin lutfen cevirirmisin..Of ya bir an once ogrenmem lazim bu ingilizeyi..:(
MOH un yazdiklarini merak ediyorum..2 post onceki mutfak malzemelerini cok sevdim..MOH cok zevkli biri galiba ...MOH'a selam...heheheh

3/03/2006 05:30:00 AM  
Blogger Aysin said...

Mr.TD thank you..

3/03/2006 05:30:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is another HK-store at Laudongasse, near Alser Straße. At least, it used to be there. Is the one in 2nd a big one?

3/03/2006 07:42:00 AM  
Blogger onemorehandbag said...

Novala, I know the one on Laudongasse which also has weird opening hrs. The Zirkusgasse one is marginally bigger. My friends have vowed not to give me any HK presents henceforth now that I'm a big girl. Literally

3/03/2006 09:29:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist