Friday, February 24, 2006

blogging alla turca

I have the feeling that I know some of my favourite bloggers (see sidebar) and their lives quite intimately by now, depending on how much they write about personal things. Some of them use their actual names, most have pseudonyms. In some cases I know their real names but still think of them in terms of their blogsphere-alter-ego. I see Novala once a week and TD every day of course, but other than that I don't actually have a very strong urge to communicate with my blogging friends outside the confines of our respective comment boxes or by exchanging the odd e-mail.

Not so TD and what I have come to call his "harem" of Turkish blogettes. He spends most nights talking over Skype with his new-found soulmate in Istanbul for hours on end, simultaneously chatting with a London-based Turkish blogger. Don't get me wrong - I'm not jealous at all, only somewhat bemused that for TD and the girls blogs seems to be more of a database or meeting point for pen-pals than an actual medium for communication . Interesting, that.

Lunch-break purchases: A cool (and rather summery) skirt from H&M, perfectly matching the bright green shirt, cardie and tights I'm wearing today. FCN agreed that it would have been an offense not to buy it...

1 Comments:

Blogger Mr_TD said...

:-)

I think this is the difference between Turkish people and the others, sometimes it only takes minutes to get friends with your compatriots, wherever you are, in another city or in even if both of you are in different countries.
This is something which makes us special in the world; let’s call it “Power of Blood”.

2/24/2006 08:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist