Monday, April 15, 2024

The Best Things in Life...

...really are free. Case in point, my excitement over the herbs that made a voluntary comeback after winter. I'm not talking about the lemon balm that grows like weed and which I never planted in the first place and I do know that rocket/rucola is very resilient and pretty much grows everywhere, all year round, so this was not the big deal, but coriander!?! If you've ever tried to keep it alive in a pot on your kitchen window or in the garden you know what I'm talking about. It's a capricious DIVA and drama queen that tends to get offended and suicidal if you as much as give it a side glance. I bought mine discounted last summer (because it looked pretty wilted) at a cheap supermarket as I needed it for a recipe and then planted the rest in the garden. Somehow it has miraculously multiplied and come back stronger than it was in the first place. So, small step for man, big step for this amateur gardener's ego! 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist