Monday, June 20, 2022

Welcome Back

In my book, there are few things that cause me more joy than finding things I had written off as lost forever. Two Saturdays ago I was waiting at a traffic light in Vienna on my way back to the Country House when I noticed that the dainty rose gold bracelet with diamond-studded heart that I always wear on my right wrist was missing. It was a Christmas present from my parents that I received some years ago. I never take it off so I believed it must have torn apart and fallen on the ground somewhere without making any sound at all because it weighs so little. It had been rainy and chilly those past few days so my theory was that it must have come undone when I took off my denim jacket somewhere. Basically I wrote it off immediately and went to check whether the jewellery store still stocked it in its online store. It did and I put it into my virtual shopping basket. The only reason I didn't buy it immediately was because I also signed up on the website and subscribed to their newsletter in the hope that I'd receive a discount code sooner rather than later. The only communication I received, alas, were reminders to proceed to checkout. Then, last Tuesday morning as I was about to take my obligatory outfit-of-the-day selfie in front of my hallway mirror in the City Residence, I stepped on something with my bare feet. It turned out to be the "lost" bracelet, fully intact. I was relieved that I hadn't actually vacuumed the evening before as I had wanted to. Note to self: being a lazy procrastinator has it advantages. In any case I am beyond happy that I found my beloved accessory and can't but take it as a positive omen for...I don't know, something.
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist