Monday, August 02, 2021

Minimundus

 

I am currently on vacation in rainy Innsbruck, Highflyer's hometown. Unlike last year, won't be in my beloved Nice as "our" flat's availability was not so convenient for my planning. It felt a bit weird to commit to two weeks in a row IN AUSTRIA. On Saturday morning, we took the plane from Vienna on standby tickets. I know, I know, but it was cheapest and most convenient option and his car is parked at Innsbruck airport so we would have had to take a taxi from the train station to get the car. Justified carbon footprint shame aside, it was nice to at least soak up some holiday atmosphere by means of a super short flight, doing some people watching at the surprisingly full terminal and to redeem a voucher in the Duty Free store for a product I would typically have purchased in France.
All in all, it feels like some small-scale downsized (but by no means worse) version of my pre-pandemic summer vacations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist