Monday, July 05, 2021

Zero Plans

Just like last year, we were urged to "log in" all of our annual leave as soon as possible (we can always reschedule) and I will be taking off the first half of August. So far, so ordinary. Unlike previous years when I would spend half of the time in Nice and the other in Klagenfurt at my parents', I have no concrete plans regarding travels abroad yet and know already that I won't join Mademoiselle in Nice this year as the availability of our usual place falls right in the middle of my time off and is thus not convenient for me. Unlike many of my friends who were itching to book trips abroad once lockdown was over and travel restrictions were lifted, I was not that bothered and thought I would decide spontaneously. Truth be told, I am starting to miss a bit of good old Vitamin Sea and much as I like Carinthia and Vienna and its surroundings, just spending the summer in Austria is a bit...meh. First world problems, obviously, but my frequent-travelling old self is starting to  emerge and when I get woken up by Highflyer getting ready for a (super-early) check in to fly passengers to a popular holiday destination I am a little envious. Not of having to set my alarm to some horrible time, but of getting to see some coastline from up above. Well, we shall see. First: counting the days until my second vaccination next Sunday!
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist