Monday, August 31, 2020

The Glass Half Full

In the past 3 months, I have sewn countless masks for myself and others. In general, I have rediscovered my love for sewing, but making masks which takes me so little time and yet is a creative outlet that brings joy not only to myself, but also to the people I give them to. At least they put on a convincing enough show of being happy and grateful
When I first started making masks the general assumption was that after the lockdown we'd need to wear them for a few weeks and then the whole "thing" would be over. Some people asked me if it was worth the effort to make masks my own since we would not be needing them for a long time. Well, I was never that optimistic myself and now that it seems they're here to stay for a while, it's fine with me. and I sincerely enjoy using original fabrics, recycling others that I bought decades ago and matching masks to my outfits. Unlike other people, I don't see this little piece of fabric as an infringement of my civil rights or risk of suffocation, but as a necessary evil that gives me another opportunity to indulge in my love for (over) accessorising. Why not try and see the positive aspects of something you can't change?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist