Monday, December 02, 2019

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like...

Christmas!

Every year, I love preparing my little flat here in Vienna for Christmas and going all out with decorating, baking and all the rest. I would not miss it for the world! It is slightly ironic, though,  as I've never actually celebrated Christmas here in Vienna, but always in Klagenfurt with my parents. This year is no different, with the exception that my "Happy Merry" lightbox reflects my current mood very accurately. For me, Christmas is a family affair and I don't think along the lines of "All I want for Christmas is YOU" at all. Highflyer has to work on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day this year anyway and even if he did not, I would expect him to celebrate with his family. For me, birthdays (as in: mine or my loved ones, not Jesus') are way more important and I do expect the royal treatment then rather than on Christmas. Christmas time for me is a tradition more than anything and an excellent excuse to indulge in some of my favourite things: gift-giving, baking and decorating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist