Monday, December 09, 2019

Image

For as long as I can remember, these two facts about me were carved in stone: I can't sing and I am bad at sports. I have repeatedly been asked not to sing out loud (and each time I was not offended, but sympathetic, rather), but recently got the feedback that my singing is not that bad actually. Hmmm. Not so convinced, myself, but nothing keeps me from singing at the top of my lungs when alone in my car anyway.
Also, I still remember being the clumsiest child in my class at PE by far to the point of my teacher asking me if I have had a traumatising experience with sports as I was literally shaking with fear when asked to do some gymnastics "stunts". 
I still hate running (why in the world do people do that voluntarily?!) unless it is with a purpose, i.e. to catch a bus, hate cycling uphill as it makes me want to vomit, but I am a passionate skier (and pretty decent at it), really enjoy badminton and swimming outdoors is one of my favourite pleasures in the summer months. 
Maybe I'm a mildly sporty, comparatively tone deaf singer after all? Sometimes it's hard to give up an image that has defined you for years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist