Monday, January 01, 2018

What. A. Year!

2017, I really liked you! So many good things happened, so many happy memories were made. I can't remember when I did not feel mopey and sarcastic in the slightest when looking back on a year, but  this time, I only feel content (or, to put it in Instagram-speak #blessed). I am not one to bear grudges for long and therefore I chose to forget the stressful moments of uncertainty that happened this past year, such as not knowing if I would end up unemployed. It turned out that I found a new job seamlessly and managed to enjoy almost 2 months of sweet doing nothing in between employers. The no-expenses-spared trip to Australia with my Mum that I had planned with military precision turned out just as wonderful as I had hoped it would and we both not only enjoyed it, but managed to not annoy one another too much, which is no little feat. This was the grandest, but by far not the only trip I took this year, and travelling remains one of my most loved things ever. I really miss those business trips with the Firm, by the way, but hey, I can still kill my carbon footprint and conscience on my own budget at least. Last but not least, a friend who had been "dead" to me for several years unexpectedly returned to my life and has made it a lot richer and warmer ever since. On the other hand, I finally managed to let go of someone else who does not even deserve the term "friend" with quotation marks, and who had not done much to boost my mood or self-esteem, ever. Not so much that he is quite dead to me yet, but we're getting there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist