Thursday, May 06, 2010

Chocolate Mint Cookies

mint chocolate cookies (onemorehandbag)
I've mentioned before that I'm a purist when it comes to chocolate. So, when I got mint-flavoured chocolate as a gift, I was really not tempted to eat it, but did not want it to go to waste, either. As usual, I decided to go the recycling route and have a look in the endless depth of the www. I found an easy-enough sounding recipe and decided to give it a try. Apart from the fact that I used less sugar as I nearly always do and that my sugar was vanilla-infused anyway so I left out vanilla-flavouring, I stuck to it. This is the original recipe with some helpful conversions to metric/centigrade. As I own a cup-measures kit I bought in the U.S. so I did not (want/need to) convert the cups to metric equivalents, but there's a helpful link here. The recipe really is as super-easy as it reads:

Ingredients

1 1/2 cups flour
1/4 tsp. salt
85 g butter, softened
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
250 g mint (flavoured) chocolate
1 cup sugar (I used about 3/4)
2 eggs
Confectioners sugar

__________

Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside. Melt 1 the mint chocolate.

In a large bowl cream the butter and sugar, add melted chocolate. Beat in eggs and add flour mixture. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and freeze until firm, about 20 to 30 minutes.

Preheat oven to 175° degrees. Shape dough into small balls, like so:

cookie balls (onemorehandbag)Roll balls in confectioners sugar and place on ungreased cookie sheets. There's no need to leave a lot of space as they don't spread out a lot, but I did anyway.

Bake 10 to 12 minutes and cool on wire rack.

Makes 3 baking sheets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist