Friday, January 23, 2009

NOW I get it!

In my professional capacity, I often try to convince clients to advertise Free Shipping! for merchandise sold in their online shops, telling them that as an avid online shopper, I generally give shops a wide berth which charge delivery fees. So much for the theory.
When I was in KLU for Christmas, I discovered a little white terrycloth container for bathroom utensils at Butlers. It was on sale and I bought one. Back in Vienna, I decided I wanted another two for my bathroom, only to find out they were sold out at the Mariahilfer St. branches. Yesterday, I discovered they had an online store and while not on sale, they still sold the things. € 9.90 postage for merchandise costing less than that? No way. Oh. Free delivery when you spend € 69 or more. Cool. I need a birthday present for my godchild anyway ... and look, what a nice orange milk jug...and gift vouchers always come in handy, don't they?
I'm beginning to see the advantages of delivery fees or free delivery only after a certain amount from a retailer's point of view...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist