Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Deadline

January 6, the Feast of the Adoration of the Magi, is traditionally the day Austrians say goodbye to their Christmas trees . In case you are wondering - no, we don't throw them out of our windows like the Swedes in the IKEA winter sale ads. I never have a Christmas tree in my flat in Vienna as I always celebrate with my parents in KLU so the odd bauble and string of fairy lights has to sufice as decoration (not to forget the advent wreath, which is a must). I do however always put up, or rather hang up, all the Christmas cards I get and they get an extended period of grace until later in January, when birthday cards usually replace them.Christmas cards (onemorehandbag)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist