Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Go With the Flow*

When I first saw a photo of some star or other wearing a pair of UGG boots (most likely bare-legged, with a miniskirt), I thought "what a fitting name, for ugg-ly they certainly are!". Half a year or so later, we were made believe they were out of fashion again, just as cheap fakes had swamped the European market. I had always found them highly unflattering and so they had never actually come under my fashion radar. Until...
UNTIL I went to NY this February, only to discover that they apparently were still very much in fashion there and worn by females between the ages of 5 and 95. I still couldn't quite get it. Until...
UNTIL I went to NY again this November and found out that they had apparently procreated and produced many more offspring.
They began to grow on me...
The day after my return to Vienna, I set out on a mission to find a pair of dark brown (elegant) boots. Or so I said. I stepped out of the shop with grey (to reinforce the elephantesque effect they have on your legs, you know) ugg-ish boots instead.

makes slim feet (onemorehandbag)* Title courtesy of the Empress

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist