Friday, September 14, 2007

goosebumps

I took today off work in order to spend a proper weekend in KLU. For a change, I have been rewarded for the long journey with good weather - I even swam in the (18° "warm") lake today. Few people were in the water and those brave enough made the mistake of veeery slowly decending the steps, splashing their extremities with water in the process, visibly wincing every time water hit goose-skinned body. My technique is to practically run (not jump) into the water and not even think about the shock to the system. So far, I haven't had a heart attack and it feels great to slowly regain your normal body temperature by swimming the first strokes really fast. A bit like lying down under a cold duvet on a cold mattress in a freezing b&b, frantically moving your legs to work up heat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist