Monday, December 14, 2009

Pomegranate Aperitif and Advent Idyll


bloody pomegranate (onemorehandbag)
Yesterday , Frida and the Pampered Princess with their hubbies and kids, the PP's sister and Mademoiselle came for an afternoon "tea" (without actual tea being involved). After stuffing them with cookies, cake, fruit salad and spiced Christmas nuts, I dished up so much ham, cheese and salmon that I took the leftovers to the office. As an aperitif, I made a sort of wintery pomegranate cocktail. I love pomegranate although I am a bit scared of the mess it creates in the kitchen (think Texas Chainsaw Massacre). For 8 cocktails, I used the seeds of half a pomegranate, added the juice of 2 normal and one blood orange, 2 tablespoons of honey, 2 tablespoons of pomegranate syrup (bought at a Turkish supermarket) and 2 chunks of cinnamon bark which I left in the mix to infuse for about 5 hours. The mix was one third pomegranate potion and 2 thirds prosecco. The guests liked it.

This was what the festive tables for adults and kids looked like:
3rd Advent chez Retailtherapist (onemorehandbag)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist