Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Sounds familiar?

At first I thought it was just me, or rather my Mum, but then I found out that my friends, like the Mermaid, for example, experienced the same.

The scenario: a house somewhere in the provinces of Austria. The protagonists: a mother (M) and a daughter (D). The day: Sunday.

M: There's XY in the fridge/garden/larder. Don't you want to take some to Vienna?
D: No, thanks.
M: But you'll have to buy it in Vienna.
D: Well, I don't actually need XY, so I won't have to buy it. Thanks, though.
M: It's really good for making Z with, you know...
D: I believe you, but then I hardly ever make Z.
M: It also keeps well in the freezer.
D: I still don't need it.
M: I've packed you three, if that's ok.
D: ...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mom is not that bad, but I have to admit, there were attempts.

10/29/2008 11:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist