Wednesday, April 23, 2008

You should have seen the other ones...

Ever since she bought a pair for herself and saw me walk like a homo erectus in them for a change (for those who don't know me in person - I'm more your hunchback of Notre Dame type) my Mum had been getting at me to invest in a pair of MBT shoes, even offering to give them to me as a gift. Until recently I'd always thought, "Nah, paying € 200 and more for downright ugly shoes you don't want to be seen dead in is not worth it". On Sunday, on my way back from the MQ where I tried out the free WIFI with my little white darling I walked past a shop with some remotely decent looking MBT shoes on sale. Hmm. Today, I went there in my lunch hour, only to find out that - as usual - size 38 is a size shared by many women indeed and that there were no discounted models left. I didn't really look at the regular ones but, once back at the office, searched for other branches and decided to rush to the only one open until 7 right after work. Woman on a mission. The only discounted range they had there was black and fire-engine-red (shudder) and in spite of the fact that the gentlemen next to me who was waiting for his wife to make up her mind was trying to make me believe that they looked "just like any other trainers" (yeah, right, if you're colour-blind and have had your fashion-sense forcibly removed) I could not envisage myself going further than the rubbish bins in my yard in those monstrosities. As my mission needed to be completed right there and then (what else) I deigned to give the other pairs a look and set my eyes on this one:
will they call me the white Masai? (onemorehandbag) Not that bad, in an American backpacker "doing Europe" in 10 days kind of way, eh? Anyway, I only intend to wear them at home pretty much anyway. In the country of the blind the one-eyed man is king, so to speak.
Conscience cleared, Mum made happy...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

das sind wirklich BNFs!

4/26/2008 06:34:00 PM  
Blogger onemorehandbag said...

Wow - BoB - "it" is alive! I dread to imagine what BNF stands for...Any tips?

4/28/2008 09:16:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

please don't shag would be a loose translation!

4/30/2008 09:45:00 AM  
Blogger onemorehandbag said...

Aaaah, I see. I take it you like them then ;-)

4/30/2008 09:51:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

absolutely!

4/30/2008 12:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist