Wednesday, July 18, 2007

refugees

I work in an oven. No, really. It just masquerades as a Regus rented office, but the thermometer has recorded more than 40°. No joke. One colleague is working at home. Myself, I seized the opportunity to flee to an oasis of conditioned air yesterday - Coma HQ, where I worked in the library, thanks to mobile broadband, before I returned to the oven to leave my notebook to rest, or rather roast for the night.

The boss sent a Mayday-Mail to HQ in California, telling them about our very own special edition of global warming. Being Americans, they had mercy on us and there's hope we'll get a working ac before the heatwave is over.
Tonight, we're all headed there and later there to chill out.
I'm melting!

2 Comments:

Blogger ka-ma said...

Who would have thought that after a lucky escape from Coma HQ you might, on a day like that, find a refuge there. Weren't they suspicious of you returning like this? Thinking you might be spying or something?

By the way, we are freezing here...it's rainy and cold. Since two days we are back into long sleeves and socks. In the middle of July!!!

7/19/2007 11:55:00 AM  
Blogger onemorehandbag said...

If Coma HQ's inmate thought I was spying,they had the courtesy not to show it...
Long sleeves? I'd be happy to donate a good 10° to you!

7/19/2007 11:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

words and photos (unless otherwise indicated) and banner-design by retailtherapist